Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources & News
Faithful Action Press Release – Statewide Faith Leaders Meet with Elected Leadership to Advocate for Comprehensive Covid-19 Legislation. Press Release Here.
ELCA Bishops Press Release – ELCA Bishops Call for Statewide Protections during the Pandemic – Press Release and Letter to Legislators Here.
Advocating Locally – Please check out LOPPW’s new resource for advocating on a county level. This can also be used as a guide for advocating with municipalities. Now is a vital time to lift our voices locally as we continue our statewide efforts! Find the Advocating Locally Resource Here.
Six Bishops respond to the WI Supreme Court’s Ruling on DHS Safer at Home Order. See Statement Here.
Thank you to the six bishops who signed on to LOPPW’s letter to the Supreme Court as part of an amicus to support Governor Evers’ extension of Safer at Home. Also thank you to Rabbi Bonnie Margulis of Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice for helping to organize letter-writing from clergy in collaboration with Attorney Stephen Kravit. Please feel free to use this to consider writing a letter to the editor. Letter to WI Supreme Court
Bishop Paul Erickson’s Letter asking the Governor to Release Prisoners: Letter to Gov. Evers 6-15-20 (1)
ELCA Resources & Other Resources
- Worship in Times of Public Health Concerns
- Prayers for Times of Public Health Concern: COVID-19/Coronavirus
- Congregational Planning Checklist for Public Health Concerns
- How to stream your worship service — A starter guide
- Wisconsin Council of Churches –Returning to Church – Ministry during the COVID-19 Outbreak – Updated Version
Covid-19 Resources from the Governor’s Office
- Important Notes from a Meeting Lieutenant Governor Mandela Barnes held with Faith Leaders to update us with information and call for our assistance in addressing COVID: Lieutenant Governor Mandela Barnes’ Faith Call on October 1
- Press Conference with an Update from our Governor and medical experts on October 1, 2020
- Governor Evers, Secretary-designee Palm Issue Order to Expand Healthcare Workforce – Please note that many healthcare workers have contracted COVID and are in quarantine, leading to a shortage of healthcare workers.
- Governor Ever’s Executive Order to extend the mask mandate until November 21, 2020.
Governor Tony Evers’ and Safer at Home
- Extension of Safer at Home from April 24, to 8 am – Tuesday, May 26 Press Release
- On April 27, 2020. Governor Evers announced the issuance of Emergency Order #34, reducing restrictions on certain businesses during Safer at Home. Order #34
- April 16, 2020 Emergency Order #28
- LOPPW’s Message with further explanations sent on April 16, 2020: Safer at Home, Resources
- Religious Gatherings GOVERNOR FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 9, 2020
- March 24, 2020 – Governor Evers Press Release