Host an LOPPW Event
Hosting an LOPPW Event
As part of our mission to develop advocates for a public church, the Lutheran Office for Public Policy in Wisconsin is driven to educate, equip, and inspire Lutherans across the state to engage in faith-based advocacy. One of the pillars of this work is hosting workshops, presentations, or other events in communities across the state of Wisconsin and the upper peninsula of Michigan.
LOPPW would love to work with you to develop an educational or advocacy event! We are available to host an event on any of our five priorities or on how to conduct faith-based advocacy.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to connect about planning an event today!
Examples of previous events and presentations:
- Have worked with ELCA World Hunger Committees, synod justice teams, or Women of the ELCA to offer guidance on advocacy in all six synods.
- Led two half-day workshops on steps to creating an advocacy ministry in the East Central Synod Initiated a statewide interfaith virtual advocacy day on climate change and hosted a rally for climate justice with Rev. Jonathan Barker of Grace Lutheran Church and the rest of the Wisconsin 7.
- Led several rallies and workshops on anti-sex trafficking.
- Presented on “Raise the Age” and other juvenile justice reform to Governor’s Juvenile Justice Commission (GJJC).
- Hosted a series called “Standing With Our Neighbor” with the ELCA’s South Central Synod Team for Immigration Reform and Refugee Support to educate our communities on immigration issues. We were thrilled to welcome Erin Barbato from the Immigrant Justice Clinic at the UW-Law clinic and Mary Campbell, director of the ELCA’s AMMPARO network.