COMING UP NEXT
Saturday, October 6 8:30 (program begins at 9:00 am) – noon What’s Working with Renewable Energy in Wisconsin to be held at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Madison It’s time for some good news about what is working and how we can be a part of it within our own contexts and via advocacy! More details on this poster we invite you to distribute:
Friday, November 2 – Saturday, November 3 (with optional additional stay on Saturday night) Students and staff in Wisconsin & Upper Michigan are cordially invited to participate in this year’s LCM Fall Social Justice Retreat, co-sponsored by Lutheran Campus Ministry – Madison, The Corner House (LCM at UW -Milwaukee), and the Lutheran Office for Public Policy in Wisconsin.
- Field Trip to UW-Milwaukee Student Food Pantry – Why is hunger an issue on college campuses? What are schools doing to help?
- Lunch at Tricklebee Cafe – What does a meal where all are welcome look like?
- Field Trip to Alice’s Garden – How does growing our own food nourish our bodies and our connection to God’s creation?
- Guests from Milwaukee’s Lutheran Volunteer Corps will join us discuss their food-related ministry
- To learn about issues facing our local communities, state, and nation
- To consider the Christian call to advocacy
- To get energized to participate in this year’s midterm elections
- To meet other LCM Students from our region
- Perhaps to get excited to participate in the LSM National Gathering in Memphis in December? Students could organize travel together?