In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
People of Faith United for Justice Advocacy Day on April 11, 2019
Prayer vigil held for Racine student pastor in danger of bei
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 16 May 2019
Immigrant Children Sexually Abused in U.S. Detention Centers
Posted by LOPPW on Friday, 1 Mar 2019
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- Michael Rinehart re-elected bishop of the ELCA Texas-Louisiana Gulf Coast Synod
- Laurie Larson Caesar elected bishop of the ELCA Oregon Synod
- Lorna Halaas elected bishop of the ELCA Western Iowa Synod
- Statement from ELCA presiding bishop addresses synagogue shooting
- ELCA presiding bishop delivers Easter message
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.