In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Take the Pledge to Vote! Poster, Video and Brochure on our Events Page.
Wisconsin Senate passes limits on incoming Dem governor Wisc
Posted by LOPPW on Friday, 7 Dec 2018
ICE says 83 arrested in Wisconsin, including 20 in Dane Coun
Posted by LOPPW on Wednesday, 26 Sep 2018
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger (and issues related to homelessness, drugs)
- Addressing the Scandal of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Confronting the Impact of Money on Politics and Public Policies
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- ELCA Presiding Bishop, Christian leaders issue statement on current U.S. policy toward Israel and Palestine
- ELCA Church Council meets, addresses well-governed and sustainable church
- Philip Hirsch elected executive director of ELCA Domestic Mission
- ELCA, Episcopal, and Catholic Church leaders issue statement on East Jerusalem hospitals
- ELCA presiding bishop responds to Pittsburgh synagogue shooting
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.