In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
People of Faith United for Justice Advocacy Day on April 11, 2019
Wisconsin Senate passes limits on incoming Dem governor Wisc
Posted by LOPPW on Friday, 7 Dec 2018
ICE says 83 arrested in Wisconsin, including 20 in Dane Coun
Posted by LOPPW on Wednesday, 26 Sep 2018
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- Vanco offers new online giving option for ELCA congregations
- ELCA launches collaboration with Blessed Tomorrow
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity devotions offered by four heads of communion
- ELCA Presiding Bishop, Christian leaders issue statement on current U.S. policy toward Israel and Palestine
- ELCA Church Council meets, addresses well-governed and sustainable church
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.