In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Join us on FB the first Wednesday of each month at noon for news updates and one focus issue. Due to the holiday, our next one is on Jan. 8, 2020.
Faith communities mobilize in Madrid on eve of COP25 MADRID,
Posted by LOPPW on Saturday, 7 Dec 2019
Wisconsin Dairy Industry Collapse without Latino Immigrants
Posted by LOPPW on Wednesday, 20 Nov 2019
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- The ELCA makes innovation a priority for future growth
- Presiding bishop statement on Israeli civilian settlements
- ELCA Church Council welcomes 23 new members
- Kathy Freeman Summers appointed president and CEO, ELCA Foundation, and executive director, Mission Advancement
- Pastoral message addresses Hong Kong protests
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.