In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Immigration, Asylum and Our Response on Tuesday, June 11: 6:00 – 8:00 pm at Midvale Lutheran Church in Madison (see more under Events)
ICE will deport DACA recipient’s parents early next week
Posted by LOPPW on Friday, 24 May 2019
Prayer vigil held for Racine student pastor in danger of bei
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 16 May 2019
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- Suzanne Darcy Dillahunt re-elected bishop of the ELCA Southern Ohio Synod
- ELCA launches resource to address gun violence
- William Tesch elected bishop of the ELCA Northwestern Minnesota Synod
- Tracie Bartholomew re-elected bishop of the ELCA New Jersey Synod
- James Dunlop re-elected bishop of the ELCA Lower Susquehanna Synod
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.