In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
New Resource! Called into the World: Devotions on the ELCA Social Statements (find under Resources &
Environmentalists criticize exemptions for Foxconn’s $
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 10 Aug 2017
Healthcare Bill: CONGRESSIONAL BUDGET OFFICE COST ESTIMATE
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 20 Jul 2017
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger (and issues related to homelessness, drugs)
- Addressing the Scandal of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Confronting the Impact of Money on Politics and Public Policies
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- ELCA presiding bishop responds to DACA announcement
- ELCA on Gender Identity Discrimination
- ELCA commitment to confronting racism and anti-Semitism
- Prayer for Charlottesville rally
- Mark Wilhelm named executive director of Network of ELCA Colleges and Universities
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.