In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Gov. Evers, Office of Sustainability and Clean Energy Releas
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 5 May 2022
Wausau Finds Dangerous Chemicals in All City Water Wells fro
Posted by LOPPW on Wednesday, 9 Feb 2022
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Juvenile Justice Reform
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- ELCA Churchwide Assembly honors Indigenous people
- ELCA presiding bishop issues thank you letter to President Biden
- 2022 ELCA Churchwide Assembly meets under the theme “Embody the Word”
- A statement on the killing of Jayland Walker
- ELCA hosts “Embody the Word” online Bible study series
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.