In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Money is there; plan isn’t $125M budgeted for PFAS rem
Posted by LOPPW on Tuesday, 18 Jul 2023
Attorney General Kaul Submits Comment Letter Regarding EPA P
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 13 Jul 2023
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Juvenile Justice Reform
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- North American Church Leaders Call for Peace in Holy Land in Advent Prayer Resource
- North American and Holy Land Heads of Churches Meet in Solidarity, Prayer
- ELCA Church Council appoints the Rev. Michael Burk as Presiding Bishop Pro Tempore
- A Statement from Bishop Eaton on the Conflict in the Holy Land
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.