In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
April 9 at Noon: Justice for Emerging Adults - A Different Approach: How Do We Get There? Find on LOPPW's FB!
Legislature’s budget committee to hold 3 in-person hea
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 11 Mar 2021
Governor Evers to Deliver his 2021-23 Budget Address
Posted by LOPPW on Saturday, 20 Feb 2021
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- Bishop Eaton issues statement on gun violence
- Bishop Eaton issues statement addressing anti-Asian racism
- ELCA and Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) resume dialogue
- Statement for the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- Lutherans participate in U.N. Commission on the Status of Women
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.