In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
We urge you to join one of the Governor's Task Force on Climate Change listening sessions. See more under the Events page.
Appeals court limits Wisconsin early voting to 2 weeks befor
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 2 Jul 2020
Governor’s Task Force on Climate Change Calls for Public I
Posted by LOPPW on Friday, 26 Jun 2020
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- Season of Creation devotions offered by four heads of communion
- ELCA presiding bishop praises SCOTUS decision on LGBTQIA+ rights
- ELCA presiding bishop responds to Supreme Court decision on DACA program
- Emanuel Nine Commemoration
- This is the Day
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.