In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Support our Neighbors - Build a Better Wisconsin! Join us on January 25 to learn more about four DACA bills and lift your voices at the Capitol! See more under Events
Assembly task force releases bills to combat human trafficki
Posted by LOPPW on Thursday, 11 Jan 2024
The Wisconsin Supreme Court has thrown out the GOP-drawn dis
Posted by LOPPW on Tuesday, 2 Jan 2024
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Supporting Juvenile Justice Reform
- Supporting Immigration Reform
ELCA.org National News
- Khader El-Yateem appointed Executive Director for ELCA Service and Justice
- Academy Museum of Motion Pictures features ELCA film A Time for Burning
- The ELCA starts the new year with a newly formed Vision team
- North American Church Leaders Call for Peace in Holy Land in Advent Prayer Resource
- North American and Holy Land Heads of Churches Meet in Solidarity, Prayer
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.