In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Ruling in CAFO case adds new twist to DNR powers (Water)
Posted by Cindy on Tuesday, 19 Jul 2016
Major concerns with proposed Child Nutrition Reauthorization
Posted by Cindy on Friday, 13 May 2016
- Addressing the Problem of Sex Trafficking
- Engaging the Challenges of Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Calling for Prison Reform for Youth 17 Years Old
- Confronting the Reality of Children in Poverty
ELCA.org National News
- ELCA introduces second phase of future directions initiative
- ELCA members offer prayers for congregation of Hawk Creek near Sacred Heart, Minn.
- ELCA presiding bishop issues statement on police shootings
- ELCA members to gather in New Orleans for 2016 Churchwide Assembly
- ELCA presiding bishop responds to shootings in Baton Rouge and St. Paul
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.