In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Scott Walker signs state budget with 104 vetoes day before 2
Posted by Cindy on Wednesday, 29 Jul 2015
Long Season of Disquiet Letter, Bishop Eaton (on Charleston)
Posted by Cindy on Monday, 22 Jun 2015
- Addressing the Problem of Sex Trafficking
- Engaging the Challenges of Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Calling for Prison Reform for Youth 17 Years Old
- Confronting the Reality of Children in Poverty
ELCA.org National News
- ELCA presiding bishop to hold live webcast on confronting racism
- ELCA youth rise up to help residents of Detroit
- ELCA members describe life-changing Youth Gathering
- ELCA members to meet in Atlanta for Worship Jubilee
- ELCA youth build relationships with Detroit residents
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.