In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
168 children rescued in sex-trafficking crackdown, 6 in Wis
Posted by Cindy on Tuesday, 24 Jun 2014
Gov. Scott Walker signs human trafficking bill.
Posted by Cindy on Wednesday, 30 Apr 2014
Engaging with the Challenges of Youth who Experience Homelessness
Addressing the problem of Human Trafficking
Encouraging lawmakers to use the Projected Excess Tax Revenue to Make an Impact on Hunger Issues
Click here to read a letter from our six bishops to Wisconsin's 33 senators.
ELCA.org National News
- ELCA offers prayers for those affected by California earthquake
- Psalm speaks to unrest in Iraq, ELCA leader says
- ELCA presiding bishop urges prayer, peace amid outrage over shooting death
- ELCA to provide humanitarian assistance for victims of violence in Gaza
- Women of the ELCA concludes Ninth Triennial Gathering
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.