In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Voters give BadgerCare a mandate Advisory referendums asking
Posted by Cindy on Tuesday, 25 Nov 2014
Underage sex sting aimed at warding off predators; nine arre
Posted by Cindy on Monday, 27 Oct 2014
- Addressing the Problem of Sex Trafficking
- Engaging the Challenges of Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Calling for Prison Reform for Youth 17 Years Old
- Confronting the Reality of Children in Poverty
ELCA.org National News
- International women leaders discuss Lutheran identity, leadership
- ELCA bishops support Obama’s immigration reform announcement
- ELCA Church Council implements youth and young adult, disability ministries to campaign
- ELCA Malaria Campaign reaches $13 million milestone
- ELCA presiding bishop says land occupation is counter-productive to peace, two-state solution
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.