In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Learn more about our September 14, 2016 Conference/Rally on the Hidden Crisis of Sex Trafficking of Youth in Wisconsin (Start Date: 9/14/16 End Date: 9/14/16)
Ruling in CAFO case adds new twist to DNR powers (Water)
Posted by Cindy on Tuesday, 19 Jul 2016
Major concerns with proposed Child Nutrition Reauthorization
Posted by Cindy on Friday, 13 May 2016
- Calling for an End to Childhood Hunger
- Addressing the Scandal of Human Trafficking
- Caring for God's Creation
- Confronting the Impact of Money on Politics and Public Policies
- Supporting Prison Reform
ELCA.org National News
- ELCA Churchwide Assembly key actions
- ELCA elects vice president
- ELCA presiding bishop reflects on work of the church and looks to future priorities
- ELCA approves Word and Service roster
- ELCA approves Lutheran-Catholic ecumenical document
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.