In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Lawmakers scale back Scott Walker’s plan on long-term
Posted by Cindy on Wednesday, 20 May 2015
Faith Groups Challenge Drug Testing for some Recipients of
Posted by Cindy on Tuesday, 21 Apr 2015
- Addressing the Problem of Sex Trafficking
- Engaging the Challenges of Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Calling for Prison Reform for Youth 17 Years Old
- Confronting the Reality of Children in Poverty
ELCA.org National News
- Liberians give thanks after country declared Ebola-free
- 79 ELCA young adults called to serve
- ELCA provides $500,000 for emergency aid in Nepal
- ELCA members called to pray, stand in solidarity with Baltimore residents
- ELCA partners begin large-scale emergency response in Nepal
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.