In faithful response to God's love, we engage people of faith in the ministry of advocacy for policies that support peace, justice and care for all of God's creation.
Faith Groups Challenge Drug Testing for some Recipients of
Posted by Cindy on Tuesday, 21 Apr 2015
Scott Walker’s light-on-details drug testing plan a hi
Posted by Cindy on Tuesday, 7 Apr 2015
- Addressing the Problem of Sex Trafficking
- Engaging the Challenges of Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Calling for Prison Reform for Youth 17 Years Old
- Confronting the Reality of Children in Poverty
ELCA.org National News
- ELCA partners begin large-scale emergency response in Nepal
- ELCA observes World Malaria Day as it nears $15 million campaign goal
- ELCA presiding bishop meets with Christian leaders in China
- Lutheran Disaster Response receives $300,000 grant for New Jersey hurricane relief
- ELCA Church Council considers new mission funding approach and more
ELCA World Hunger
868 million people – that’s 1 in 8 – are chronically hungry and cannot lead active daily lives.
1.4 billion people live in extreme poverty, living on less than $1.25 per day.
In the United States, more than 50 million people do not know where their next meal will come from.
46.2 million Americans are living in poverty.